Friday 14 September 2012

Day 4



Daily Supps:
First thing in morning: BCAA
With evening meal: Fish oils (6-10 1000mg per day), Vit C (3 1000mg per day)

Torture Time 
Duck not in nursery rest of week so its late afternoon (about 5pm ish) when hubby’s home that I go the gym. Felt good today, legs a little achy but other than that I’m fully motivated and raring to go.
Interval training
Chose the treadmill today: 5 min warm up followed by 30 sec all out/90 sec rest for 8 rounds.
Abs Supersets
Following on from this I did the abs workout (the one I forgot to do on Day 2..ooopppss!!!
Total time in gym was 60 mins
 (45 secs rest between sets) Felt the burn!
1a) Straight leg raise 4x15
1b) Kneeling cable oblique crunch (weighted) 4x15. Changed to DB windmills 4kg as gym didn’t have equipment for cable crunch. Found this move really difficult to master; plan to practice before next session.
2a) Reverse curl (decline bench) 3x15. Not a lover of these, found them tough.
2b) DB roll out 3x15. DB’s had a mind of their own at the start but I definitely improved my technique as the sets went on.
Finisher: Plank 1 min

So how was the lovely treadmill?
Challenging!!! Tough and sweated like a pig but it was over soon enough. By the end of the session felt like I was going to spew!

Feasting (without the e)
Lunch- Omelette (2 yokes, 3 egg whites), ham, spring onions, folded over like a calzone pizza (not quite but you get the picture) and filled with cottage cheese. Seasoned with paprika, sea salt and pepper.
Tea- Chicken breast stir-fried in coconut oil with a leafy (literally only a mixture of leaves) salad & almonds. Dressed the salad in a homemade dressing of: olive oil, balsamic vinegar and some seasoning.
Drinks- Water, water, water. Green tea late afternoon.
Macros met. Actually quite shocked at how tasty my lunch was. I’ve never been a huge fan of eggs (would spew if anyone sat next to me with egg and cress butty’s…foul!) and I took a dislike to cottage cheese many moons ago based on its look…..reminds me of spew! Anyway, I have vowed to give it my all and with my hubby bestowing the virtues of cottage cheese I decided to give it a go (albeit hidden inside my folded over omelette). Anyway, really enjoyed lunch. It was thoroughly tasty and very filling, really struggled to eat it all. I think I’m an egg and cottage cheese convert!


No comments:

Post a Comment